PSoC Creator 3.3 stops responding

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue with Creator 3.3 SP1 where the IDE stops responding randomly. Sometimes it happens after a few minutes from loading a project but mostly after a few seconds! In most instances, I don't get the chance to finish typing a single line of code. I tried a repair installation and even reinstalling 3.2 but to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm running XP32, C2D 2.2GHz, 3GB.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Windows XP SP2 No Longer Supported
Microsoft ceased supporting Windows XP SP2 in July 2010. There is a defect in that version of Windows
that can impact PSoC Creator. The defect is fixed in Windows XP SP3. So, as of PSoC Creat
or 3.2 and
all future releases, Windows XP SP2 is no longer supported.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Will not work on XP it is made for a higher version of windows.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Windows XP SP2 No Longer Supported
Microsoft ceased supporting Windows XP SP2 in July 2010. There is a defect in that version of Windows
that can impact PSoC Creator. The defect is fixed in Windows XP SP3. So, as of PSoC Creat
or 3.2 and
all future releases, Windows XP SP2 is no longer supported.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha, forgot that bit... I'm running SP3.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        PRODUCTS APPLICATIONS DESIGN SUPPORT BUY & SAMPLE ABOUT CYPRESS You are here Home›Cypress Developer Community›Blogs›PSoC Creator News and Information›Creator 3.3 running ssssslow CREATOR 3.3 RUNNING SSSSSLOW March 31, 2016 By Matt Landrum Hey Creator folks, I wanted to drop a quick note regarding a problem we have found with some Creator 3.3 installations, especially those that were initiated with a kit install. Are you seeing these symptoms? PSoC Creator 3.3 takes a long time to start up The GUI is unresponsive at times when editing a schematic PSoC Creator 3.2 doesn't show this behavior If so, please see knowledge base article KBA211576 located here. While I have your attention, I'll mention a few other things about PSoC Creator performance. In every Release Notes, we put in a section on Installation. It discusses minimum hardware and software requirements. For example, the minimum requirements for Creator 3.3 are 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM, and Windows XP SP3. Now, having said that, we run lots of performance tests and many people here have been using Creator every day for a number of years. We notice improved interactive performance with at least 3 GB of RAM and using at least Windows 7. You will also notice faster start-up times with Windows 7 or greater. Of course the longest delays are generally when you do a build. At this time PSoC Creator is compiling your code, doing synthesis and logic optimization, mapping your design to the physical hardware of PSoC, and doing timing-driven place and route. There is a direct relationship between your processor speed and the speed of the build, that is, if you double your CPU clock frequency, you will approximately halve the time the build takes. Of course this depends on other factors like what else is running on your machine. Oh, and one other thing, if you haven't experienced the beauty of SSD yet, I highly recommend it. All the best with PSoC, --Matt - See more at: http://www.cypress.com/blog/psoc-creator-news-and-information/creator-33-running-ssssslow#sthash.yO7...   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but as I have already mentioned, even 3.2 freezes. I have followed KBA211576 and everything seems to be in order.

I guess it's time to nag the IT guy for a better PC...

0 Likes