PSOCDEVELOPER.COM (PD.COM)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

@rbyn, I just learned that this site will be closed on 4/1/2014.

My thoughts on securing the info on the site, as much of it does not exist

on this site, especially concerning PSOC 1 and HiTech and Imagcraft -

1) When I post here, I start with a problem and search web, > 50% of the hits

still come from PD.COM, and many still relevant.

2) Cypress.com forum has no support for HiTech, even though that compiler still outperforms

Imagcraft by ~ 30 - 40 % in code density, I specifically have a design that proves that

beyond any doubt. How many of your customers using PSOC 1 still on that marvelous tool ?

3) There is legacy knowledge on PD.COM, that will be useful for Cypress customer base

for some time to come. To eradicate this sites wealth of knowledge would be customer

irresponsible. Let alone the engineers that have to support their companies PSOC products.

4) I would posit this site is used by no small number of Cypress engineers for a knowledge

base as well. I have been referred more than once to threads on PD.COM from employees.

Just some thoughts on preserving a useful knowledge database.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

This would be akin to bookburning in my humble estimation.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to visit pd.com but come to this forum most of the time lately.

The forum support of the hi-tech compiler, and the information of earlier PSoCs are still needed by some users. Would be better if Cypress can do something about it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@Dana

We here in Germany are a little bit concerned when the term "Bookburning" is used. The historical background was a complete different one and the goal at that time was a pure political repression aming against people having a different political orientation (which is considered nowadays to be a "normal" orientation").

But you are quite right that it would be ignorant to throw away the collected wisdom of the PD.COM. Getting the solutions injected into a knowledge base (KB) could be a solution. On the other hand Cypress shows that tagging and cataloging CDC-posts into a working KB is not their thing. Repeatedly asked questions from users concerning the very same matter shows that it seems to be difficult to dig out the thread that already has answered the problem some months ago.

It has always been difficult to point Cypress's web-team to solutions, or rather: it was easy to give the hints but Cypress did not follow at all. Instead Cypress pays some engineers for answering questions in the forum which have been answered long before.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Bob, here in US we have burned books for -

1)               Religious reasons

2) Political

3) Educational

4) Knowledge suppression

5) Insanity

6) Deception

7) ...........

No shortage of manipulators and anti science here. I have been

waiting for a post here at some point that will claim that PSOC, as a

result of "unusual" pin counts, is the work of the devil and should be

.............you know the rest.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

Well I've never burned a book (I actually cringe at the thought) but I will make sure that the relevant parties are aware of the psocdeveloper forum situation.  

-Robyn

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In ancient china. the king not just burn the book. he had the schoolars buried alive as well.

0 Likes