PSOC fails to install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I attempt to run the installer, PSoCCreatorSetup_4.1_Update1_b3210, it gets to the PDL 2.1.0 stage then reports "Only one installation can be performed at a given time.  Please close all the installations and then restart the installer"

I have only one installer running, I have rebooted, this is a fairly clean Windows 10 machine as I just did the Windows refresh.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, yes the .NET is above 4.0.  Defender (just using Microsoft stuff) had been disabled.  Everything else seemed to install OK.

BUT - I just did a new refresh operation to start Windows clean again, installed Creator as the very first thing, it went fine.  Apparently this was a gift from Microsoft, I will be so glad to finish this and get back to Linux.

Also, got my old account back so this is the same person, I just had to create a new account to post this as my old account was connected to a previous, and now defunct, employer's email.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Are you installing the Creator in C: drive.

Which .NET version you have in your system

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, installing to C:

Looks like 4.7.02046.  I'm not 100% sure I'm checking the right thing in the registry; I'm not typically running Windows, I only do so when I need a tool that forces me out of Linux.

0 Likes

Please get  sure that .NET version is greater than 4.0

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you check the using Task Manager to be sure that you are not having any other installation.

Are you having any AntiVirus in your system.

Are you getting similar issue installing any other app on system with Windows10 or only with Creator

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, yes the .NET is above 4.0.  Defender (just using Microsoft stuff) had been disabled.  Everything else seemed to install OK.

BUT - I just did a new refresh operation to start Windows clean again, installed Creator as the very first thing, it went fine.  Apparently this was a gift from Microsoft, I will be so glad to finish this and get back to Linux.

Also, got my old account back so this is the same person, I just had to create a new account to post this as my old account was connected to a previous, and now defunct, employer's email.

0 Likes