PSOC Programmer COM Module freezes/crashes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaBo_4446056
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hello!

I am running into an issue when loading PSOC Creator or PSOC Programmer (running the latest version). I hunted down the problem to a the PSOCProgrammerCOM Module program that gets run when either program is loaded, as stopping that program will let PSOC Creator continue or PSOC Programmer to pop up with the following warning:

pastedImage_1.png

Task manager of PSOC Creator and the COM module: 

pastedImage_2.png

I have disabled all firewalls and anti-viruses, and have re-installed PSOC Creator and PSOC Programmer with no avail.

Something to note, when initially restarting my computer, it works fine. It's after loading pycharm and running a python program with tkinter that I noticed it becomes an issue of not opening up.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi JaBo_4446056​,

I did clear up the registry after uninstalling PSOC Creator and Programmer before re-installing them (I used a tool called Registry Finder).

We have observed similar issues where registry cleaner applications have been used. Some applications delete the registry files partially or corrupt the files. Can you please try deleting the files manually?

Open the registry editor. Once the dialog box opens please navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and check if you have a folder named Cypress. If present, then please go ahead and delete it. Reinstall the tool again.

You can also try the steps mentioned in this KBA - Manually uninstalling PSoC Programmer / any other programs Cypress Software

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies