Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC Creator & Designer Software

WaMa_286156
Contributor II

I have a large project.

I created base project under PSOC Creator x.x ( 4.0 ) and used it as a template for future projects.  Opened it in 4.2.  It upgraded the project.  worked with it.

I opened it under PSOC Creator 4.4.  IIRC it upgraded the project.  I did not update the components, as I want to go back to 4.2 if 4.4 fails.  It worked.

I went back to PSOC Creator 4.2  and opened the project.  It always recompiles the C files for an incremental build.

I went back to PSOC Creator 4.4, opened the project.  It always recompiles the C files for an incremental build.

I can email the project or a dropbox link to a infineon (formerly cypress) employee if needed.

A simple example project (led blink) switching between 4.2/4.4 does not show this behavior.

Any Suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Honored Contributor II

WaMa,

How are you instructing Creator to initiate a build?

Are you using a keyboard shortcut (Shift F6) or the Toolbar icon?  Len_CONSULTRON_0-1623085383065.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Contributor II

I apologize.  I should have indicated I am using the Icon, and it is set for BUILD.  (*not* clean and build).

If you do a *clean and build* It will ALWAYS recompile *all*, including running the Warp Verilog compiler subsystem.

This is NOT the case with this.  There are *no* include files from generated_source subdirectories that I can see.  I am unable to determine why it keeps rebuilding all the "c" code (but *not* the verilog code) each and every time.

I had it generate makefiles to see if there were any clues, but the make files generated are bare bones and not worth looking at, with no included dependencies.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Honored Contributor II

WaMa,

I didn't find any Build Options to force a recompile on every Build command.  Hum...

Are you modifying the build contents AFTER the build completes?  Like with a Post-Build command?

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Contributor II

A "clean and Build" (which is available from menu dropdown or from icon dropdown) will force a full recompile of everything, including the Warp Verilog files.  No, I am *not* doing that. 🙂

No, I am not using pre or post build commands (and I *have* done that in the past on other projects to cause a text string with date of build to be included into the resultant binary.  Makes it difficult to do a binary compare, but is useful when using a serial terminal and trying to find out what version this *truly* is.  see socmaker.com to see how to do that.)

This appears to be a PSOC Creator Bug introduced in version 4.x (not sure which, but appears to affect 4.2) (others on the community platform have complained about this issue...do a google search)  I have  a project I can send to the Infineon engineers should they be interested.  Other projects were under NDA, mine is not.

At the moment, I don't really care, I just wanted to flag them that I *can* send them something that will reproduce this bug.  It is annoying, but the compile is only about 5 minutes or so.  Since they canceled customer support during the downturn, this is the way to contact them, as far as I know.

thanks!