PSOC Creator 3.0 external XTAL startup issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating 2.2 project to 3.0. 

Used the more advanced clock editor to match our hand modified settings. 

Writes to CYREG_FASTCLK_XMHZ_CFG0 and CYREG_FASTCLK_XMHZ_CSR are identical.

Code always ends up in the error routine ?

Tried all kinds of different settings, configurations. Nothing helped...

Anyone else having these issues ?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As far as I understood:

You have a working Creator 2.2 project and when switching to 3.0 it doesn't run?

I suggest you to create a MyCase asap (Support&Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase) and send the two project workspaces (File -> Create Workspace Bundle) together with your description.

Bob

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hey Dale,

Good to hear from you, but I wish it weren't because you were having a problem!

Definitely file a case and Cc me, but can you attach a screenshot of the error here?

--Matt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

I would like to contact you directly about this to see what we can do to resolve this.  If that sounds good I can get your contact info from Matt and send you an email.

Steven

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Matt, Steve,

I did create a MyCase (2293028333 ). There is no "error" output per se. The issue is that with the output from Creator3.0, the error bit in the CYREG_FASTCLK_XMHZ_CSR register never clears. 

For a test, I created a new project in 3.0 in which the only thing I did was to select the correct target device and then edit the clock config to match the hand settings from our 2.0 project. In this case, the xtal started up correctly and the PLL locked as expected. I then added the schematic pages from the old project, configured the pins, etc, but did not add any of our application code. I verified that the section in cyfitter_cfg.c that sets up the external oscillator was identical. (just a couple of register writes. In this case, the oscillator DID NOT come up correctly.

There is something in the generation or mapping that is creating an issue. I tried both the Keil 9.5x and 9.03 compilers and found no differences in behavior.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you very much for keeping us informed!

Bob

0 Likes
RoDi_301721
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

hello,

i'm running into the same problems: the CYREG_FASTCLK_XMHZ_CSR register always returns 0x85 (error bit set)

this problems occurs after inserting a second Control_Reg component. i thought with removing this compoenent it will work as before.

has anyone a plan, whats the problem is.

btw: i'm working witn Creator 2.2

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you ever try to upgrade your Creator to the newest version? Actually we are on 3.1 which will be co-existent with former versions. When nothing helps, I would suggest you to file a MyCase too, as Dale did. To do so, on top of this page use "Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase". Best would be to put a reference to this thread.

Bob

0 Likes