Miniprog3 debugging issues in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaGa_3938861
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

I am working on a PSoC 5LP realted project, for a specific reason i need to use Miniprog3 to program/ debug the 5LP device. It was working fine before i replaced the device driver with libusb, now i am unable to use it because PSoC creator is not recognizing this device even after changing it.

I have attached few images of device manager how its visible in the system when its working and how its listed in the system when its not working, can any body please help me in resolving this issue.

One thing i observed from the below image is,

---> when its working its listed at Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

---> when its not working its listed at Universal Serial Bus Devices.

1. Device manager image when its working fine.

miniprog.PNG

2.Device manager image when its Not working.

miniprog2.PNG
3. PSoC creator port recognition issue.

debug window.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

I used the "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option and was able to reinstall the driver.

driver1.PNG

And then selected "MiniProg3 (3.4.1.20)" as shown below, and it restored it back.

device.PNG

And it restored back in Universal Serial Bus Controllers and working fine!!

restored.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please try to update the device driver.  As the default the device driver is located at following folder.

GS004159.png

If this does not work, please let me know the "Hardware ID" of the device.

GS004160.png

You can find the "Hardware ID" property value at the "detail" tab of the "property" dialogue.

Sorry, my PC installs a Japanese version of Windows.

Regards,

Noriaki

When i checked for driver in the working system, I found it to be PSoCUSB (v3.4.1.20), and when i checked it in the system where its not working its listed as WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).

I navigated to the folder you mentioned and found miniprog3 files, but how to update it?

driver.PNG

I tried to update it using the Device manager, i got already updated with the latest version, is there any other way to update it?

update.PNG

Please guide me..

0 Likes

I used the "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option and was able to reinstall the driver.

driver1.PNG

And then selected "MiniProg3 (3.4.1.20)" as shown below, and it restored it back.

device.PNG

And it restored back in Universal Serial Bus Controllers and working fine!!

restored.PNG