MiniProg4 not recognized by PSoC creator or PSoC programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiJo_4170091
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a MiniProg4 which is recognized by the Cypress Programmer 3.0 just fine.  However, the MiniProg4 isn't recognized by either PSoC creator 4.2 or PSoC Programmer 3.28.07.  

I'm running Windows 10 x64. I have a second machine with the same version of PSoC Creator, PSoC Programmer, and Cypress Programmer and the same MiniProg4 is recognized on this machine by all 3.

I've verified the device shows up on Device Manager and appear to be functioning properly according to Windows 10.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

MiJo,

I'm taking a guess here.  It sounds like the install on the second computer not recognizing the MiniProg4 didn't install the driver properly.

If you look at the "Device Manager", you'll probably find a USB device that couldn't find a valid driver.

I've attached MiniProg4 directory with the driver and .inf file used to install.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

MiJo,

I'm taking a guess here.  It sounds like the install on the second computer not recognizing the MiniProg4 didn't install the driver properly.

If you look at the "Device Manager", you'll probably find a USB device that couldn't find a valid driver.

I've attached MiniProg4 directory with the driver and .inf file used to install.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

Len,

Thanks for the reply.  I had already verified the MiniProg4 driver was installed properly.  I concluded this because the Cypress Programmer recognizes the MiniProg4 just fine and is able to connect to and program my MCU.  I'm just unable to do this from within PSoC Creator.  There must be a difference in the way PSoC Creator accesses the MiniProg4 and the way the Cypress Programmer accesses it.

I ended up just going to a different Windows machine.  This isn't ideal, but it works for now.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Hi MiJo_4170091​,

Thank you for providing an update on this thread.

Cypress Programmer and ModusToolbox use OpenOCD whereas PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator use PPCOM APIs internally. As MiniProg4 is not even recognized by PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator the issue might be with corrupt driver as Len mentioned. Reinstalling the driver manually might fix the issue. This might also be the reason why it is working in another PC.

If you face this issue again, please create a new thread and we will try to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Rakshith

From the Device Manager I had re-installed the drivers Len sent and it did not fix the problem.  However, when I manually installed both .inf files by right-clicking on the file and selecting 'install', the problem was indeed fixed.  I believe it was the UART driver that did it but I'm not positive.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes