Making it easier to share custom components

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've made a custom component that I'd like to share with some of our users. The current process for the end-user would involve (1) downloading a new component library, (2) creating a new project, (3) importing the library into their project, and (4) setting their pins. The pins won't change from design to design because we have a custom PCB. 

Is there a way to make this easier? For example, would it be possible to create an installer that would just add the component and a project template to the regular PSoC library? Or, could I create an example project, with everything already set up, and then somehow make that appear in the official example project list in PSoC creator?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

You can add dependency to your component for every PSoC Project easily:

Tools -> Options -> Project Management -> Default Dependencies -> Press 'New Entry' Button -> "Browse to the CYPRJ file of your custom component"

Now onwards you can find this component in the Component Catalog. of every new project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxHql-QJpo

Thanks
Jobin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies