LED driver. matrix and 7 segment, up to 8 commons supported

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

An LED driver component for matrix and 7 segment displays.  some of the feautres are:

1.) The component supports 1 to 8 commons.  
2.) The segments and common signals can be inverted for use with driver transistors or for common anode / common cathode displays
3.) The brightness of each common can be controlled with an optional PWM built into the component.
4.) A macro is included that breaks out all the signals to make it much easire to get started
5.) API are included that make it very easy to display numbers (signed decimal and hex) as well as strings for use with 7 segment displays.
6.) All hardware based solution, no interrupts or CPU time required.  "set it and forget it" operation.

My first component submitted to the community!

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD ONE 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great component, thanks for sharing. Althought It would be great if you pecified what are the licencing terms.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Nice component!

But as you are a Cypress-engineer I would suggest you to always use the actual Creator version and component pack. When I opened the project most of the used components had to be updated

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
crcac_264396
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

That is great. Now, I can scratch that one off my list of components needed

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are welcome!  What else is on your list of components?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I have been using this component in PSoC3 perfectly to move three 7 segments device. My problem is that now i need to use it with PSoC5LP. My chip is CY8C5868AXI-LP035, I compile the same program code than the PSoC3 without errors, but it doesn´t work. What i need to change for obtain the correct working?. I need help. Sorry by my English. Thanks   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, yes, sorry.  I am pretty sure I know what the problem is.  When I wrote the component, I wrote it for PSoC 3, although its a relatively minor change to update it for PSoC 5LP.  The issue stems from the differences between PSoC 3 and PSoC 5LP DMA.  Most things are the same between the devices, except for the locations of SRAM and peripherals in the memory space.  I need to update the cmoponent to use the more generic defines for DMA so that it can properly handle both cases.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I made a small change to the component.  Please try this one out (delete the old one) and see if it works for PSoC 5LP now.  The component is stored in a .cycomp file.  Extract the .zip file and then import the component into your project from the .cycomp fle.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I´ve just tested the component. Congrats  . It work perfectly in Cy8C5868AXI-LP035. I can move the three display devices without problems. A lot of thanks for your effort and time. You´re an excellent engineer

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alberto 

i need to use it with PSoC5LP. i could not this.Can you explain this? or can you send me file for psoc5LP?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, I think your problem is that when you import the component and built your project will appear compile errors by obsolete components. Please, follow the next steps:

1- Extract the .zip file

2- Import the component into your project from the .cycomp fle.

- Click in the Components tab on the left side of the PSoC Creator window

- Click right button over your project and then select import component. Select import from archive and add the component.

3- The next step is add the component to your TopDesign.cysch and update the obsolete components. To update the components, clik in Project on the top of the window and then click over update Components. Select all components, and press next.

4- Now, rebuilt your project and try it.

Excuse me for my English. I hope you understand me.

0 Likes