JLink support for PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Via GDB on Eclipse it is possible to use the JLink debugging adapter. The Cypress MiniProg3 causes a lot of trouble. Most of the times the connection to the PSOC fails. Yes, I have tried very short wires and capacitors between VCC and GND. I spend a lot of hours trying to get this adapter working.

The main advantage of the PSoC Creator is that the components could be added via drag and drop. The Creator would be the tool of my choice. But for now I have to export my solution each time to Eclipse after changing the components. This is a bit frustrating.

Would it be possible to integrate the JLink nativly into PSoC Creator? The PSoC Creator is a very good IDE, but this is my only wish.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

From PSoC Creator you can export the Project to Eclipse IDE,go to the PSoC Creator's  Help>PSoC Creator Help Topics>Export a Design to a 3rd Party IDE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Timm, this is a developer forum and nobody here is able to change anything in the IDE. Would it be possible that you inform Cypress directly about your suggestion? At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and tell about your suggestion. You will be answered by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the suggestion.Its taken into consideration

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

From PSoC Creator you can export the Project to Eclipse IDE,go to the PSoC Creator's  Help>PSoC Creator Help Topics>Export a Design to a 3rd Party IDE

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned before: Eclipse has no option to edit the "schematics" for configuring the ADC, timers, UDB etc. . Not the full workflow is covered by Eclipse IDE. I would like to use the debugger in PSoC Creator, because this is the IDE in which the development ist done. Otherwise I have to export the current project everytime I change a clock or anything which is not covered by Eclipse.

The Eclipse import plugin seems to be broken since I use PSoC Creator 4.0. I can't import projects for now.

My current workaround is to use the SEGGER J-Link Debugger GUI. You can load the ELF into that programm. The J-Link Debugger works right out of the box. A direct integration into PSoC Creator would be great.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

You have to use "PSoC Creator Eclipse Import v2.3.1.zip (Luna, Mars)"  with Eclipse now for PC4.0 in order to export projects which is available at this link-

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

The feature update in PSOC Creator that you requested takes time,everything needs to be planned before creating timeline .I hope you can understand that thing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ANKS,

thank you for the help.

I used the link in from the builtin "PSoC Creator Help": It refers to www.cypress.com/go/creator/eclipseimportdownload which has the outdated PSoCCreatorEclipseImportJunoKepler_4-13-16.

I will try if the new importer works for me.

0 Likes