Internet Explorer 9 error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am facing a problem with using new IE9 software. When I installed it, beta or Release candidate, PSoc becomes unusable. 

And I don't want the soluion to be not using ie9.

So if you have opininons on how to solve it, I would be happy.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

could you please provide some additional information such as your OS, Win/32, Win7/64, Vista, Win XP... and more important, what are the error messages?
Any screen shots help a great deal too.

Regards, Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Os is win7/64.

When i install IE9, and after run PSoC, the modules area is not shown. I can reach .c documents, modules (selection panel), or properties panels, but the circuit area where the blocks/modules are cannot be reached. When I try to show it, I got several script error messages. And that messages are not caused by Adobe SVG Viewer.

It both happens on PSoC 5.0 SP6 and PSoC 5.1.

Sorry since I am currently working on a project I cannot install IE9 now, to have a screenshot or copy the error message.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

IE9 not work correctly with PSoC Designer.

Tested with the full version that was presented yesterday.

Regards.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The previous post didn't post the text.

Has the IE9 issue been resolved.  After installing IE9 final, I am having this problem in both PSoC Designer 5.0sp6 and 5.1SP1.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Users must have the final IE9 release version installed. The beta and release candidates of IE9 were interfering with Adobe SVG operations, which PSoC Designer uses. The final release of IE9 addressed a number of the issues but still left couple defects in their release version. The workaround is: Install PSoC Designer 5.1 SP1 and then reinstall Adobe SVG viewer. This should address the odd behavior. Users Can download SVG viewer here: http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/mainframed.html We will be addressing this issue in the installer and a runtime check in the next release of PSoC Designer.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has been fixed in PSoC Designer 5.1 SP1.1. It can be downloaded from http://www.cypress.com/?id=2522.

0 Likes