Installation of PSoC Creator 4.4 hangs at Template project installation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

AnSa_1225656_0-1615908327491.png

Installation hangs here.  I found a related issue and went through recommended steps for uninstall and registry cleaning.  I have completely uninstalled all versions of PSoC Creator (Using PSoCCreatorInstaller.exe)  and uninstalled Programmer and done a registry scan and clean using Glary Utilities.  I get the same results each time I try to install.  I even let the install run overnight with no progress.

This is what is running during the install hang:

AnSa_1225656_1-1615908539104.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4

I was able to fake tings by running each component install separately from the install directory.  Not a great solution and I am not sure what issues might pop up later, but at least it gets me developing again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4

Did run install as administrator with anti-virus disabled.

0 Likes
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4

I was able to fake tings by running each component install separately from the install directory.  Not a great solution and I am not sure what issues might pop up later, but at least it gets me developing again.

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @AnSa_1225656

Thank you for sharing the workaround with the community. We have seen issues where PSoC Creator fails to install after an unsuccessful uninstallation especially with some registry cleaners. If in case the issue repeats can you please try the steps mentioned in this KBA after removing all Cypress related tools/folders and let us know if that helps - PSOC Programmer COM Module freezes/crashes  

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes