I get a "System.NullReferenceException" when I perform "Generate Application"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

I get a "System.NullReferenceException"  when I perform a "Generate Application".  Yet if I copy ALL the components from one schematic page and paste them into second page and disable the first page.  I perform a "Generate Application" and get no errors.

This is the case whether I use Creator 4.1 or 4.2.

Attached is a simple project.  The offending page is enabled and the second page (working one) is disabled.  Perform the "Generate Application" yourself.  If you get the error as I did, disable the first page and then enable the second page.  Perform another "Generate Application".  It should complete with no error.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Len,

The only difference between two schematic is the pin selection. In "Generates Error" schematic, pin vbat_n_0 is selected as P0[2] which is SAR1 reference. In "Works" schematic, pin vbat_n_0 is not selected and it is left to the creator to decide. Following scenario succeeds in the build-

- If you select both the pins manually

- If you leave both the pin selection to creator

In the "Generates Error" schematic, even if you had selected P0[2] for vbat_n_0, creator should have picked P0[4] for SAR reference (that means, SAR0 block selection for the component). I will let software team know about this issue. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

-Rajiv

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies