How to make a sound or pop up an alert when build is complete?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

In PSoC Creator, is there any way to make a pop-up alert or sound alert when build is complete?  Then I can do other things while I wait and don't have to keep "Check if the build is complete" in the back of my mind.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

JoBr,

See Trim-trailing-whitespace-on-save for answer.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9

JoBr,

See Trim-trailing-whitespace-on-save for answer.

Len
0 Likes

Hmm... That does work:

https://www.paralint.com/projects/notifu/

notifu /p "PSoC Creator" /m "Build complete" /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.4\Updater\PSoC Creator.ico"

But this is a per-project setting.  I'd have to add it manually to every project, and if a workspace has multiple projects, I'd either have to make each trigger its own pop-up, or only make the main trigger a pop-up (but then there's no pop-up if I build the Bootloader by itself, for instance). Also, it would be included in the project so it would show up for anyone else working on the same repo.

I'd prefer a program-wide setting.  Not sure if there's any way to do that.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9

JoBr,

There is no system-wide override setting.  (Yes it would be nice if you can set it in the Workspace and have it apply to all the projects in it.

The settings for Pre and Post Build are in the .cyprj file for the project.

There is no easy way to set up these features once the project is already created.  It either requires a manual setup for the Debug and/or Release configurations for each project or if you feel comfortable, you can manually alter each of the .cyprj files where it is stored.

However, if you are creating a "new" project, you can copy an old project with these settings already in place and the new project will inherit the settings.

Len
0 Likes

I wonder if there's a way to do it as part of the build toolchain?  But I don't know enough about it to know where to put it.

0 Likes