How to keep changes in Generated Source files from reverting? Clean and Build causes files to revert.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
edba_1929351
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hi All

I am using PSOC creator 4, CY8CKIT-049-42xx  with the Mark Hastings Strip Light Controller example and having success getting it to work with my 8x8 serial led array, but I have to make changes to some of the "Generated Source" files, StripLights.c, and StripLights_fonts.c and I save the changes and files.  Then for unknown reasons, the files revert back to their original form discarding the changes I made to them.  How do I prevent this from happening?

I can force it to revert the files using the Build_ Clean and build.  It will always revert the files back to original state, breaking my fixes.

How do I change this behavior, or save the files in my new state?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You would need to change the component's files from which the StripLights.c is generated. Thus you need the source of the component. Not a quite easy thing to do for a newbie, but doable.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

You would need to change the component's files from which the StripLights.c is generated. Thus you need the source of the component. Not a quite easy thing to do for a newbie, but doable.

Bob

0 Likes
edba_1929351
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hi Bob.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll accept this as a sign that my LED learning experience is completed, document the changes and move on with capacitive sensing and A>D conversion, and PWM generation...   Lots of exploring to do yet with these little micros...

Cool picture of cat with mouse.  My wife and I have 3 of em. His cat, her cat, and the anybody pet me cat.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

If you can afford the money, I would suggest you to buy a CY8CKIT-043. It has the ability to debug your code. Leaving the -049 kit as what it is named: a prototyping kit, so you can solder it into the project.

Bob

PS: 7 cats, 3 dogs

0 Likes