How to find "project.h"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1528391
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi, i added the AlertNotification project to my workspace from example codes tab. I didn't change anything at the source code or TopDesign, but when i click to compile button, i'm getting compile error like these:

1: "Build error: project.h: No such file or directory"

2: "Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'"

Do i need to add them manually?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Usually the file is generated, you may fing project.h under the Generated Source folder in the workspace explorer.

Probably you haven't built the right project, check which project is active or build all projects.

When still not compiling post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Usually the file is generated, you may fing project.h under the Generated Source folder in the workspace explorer.

Probably you haven't built the right project, check which project is active or build all projects.

When still not compiling post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes

I realized that the button which i pressed was the "compile file" button. There is also a "Build" section for the project at the top of the screen. I clicked it and build has been succeeded. So i don't need to use "compile file" right? I just build project and program it.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You may use the "compile file" for checking a single file for correctness. Usually you need to build the project. When changes have been made to one of the related files it will get compiled.

Do not apply changes to the generated files, they will be overwritten at the next build.

Bob

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for the reply. I  build the project succesfully. I couldn't manage why the compiling file occured that error but there is no problem now right? I also confirmed that "project.h" file has already been included to my project, so there should not be any problems.

0 Likes