How to export custom PSoC Creator post-build commands when exporting project to Eclipse?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaVa_2285651
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked First solution authored 10 sign-ins

I have exported a PSoC Creator 4.2 project to Eclipse (version 2019-09).  The PSoC Creator project has a custom post-build command that calls a Python script.  When I build the project in Eclipse, the post-build command from PSoC Creator does not run.  I tried seeing if I could re-add the command in Eclipse, but I do not see a way to add a new command from the C/C++ Build Settings (see image).

What is the correct way to get custom post-build commands from PSoC Creator to Eclipse when exporting a project?

psoc-eclipse.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When you export your project from Creator to Eclipse, there might be certain pre/post-build commands which get generated, like the one you have in your screenshot. To add your own custom command, just add it after the existing command seperated by a semicolon.

So, let's say you have to run a python script, "sample.py", you can add the command as follows:

<existing command>;python sample.py;

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When you export your project from Creator to Eclipse, there might be certain pre/post-build commands which get generated, like the one you have in your screenshot. To add your own custom command, just add it after the existing command seperated by a semicolon.

So, let's say you have to run a python script, "sample.py", you can add the command as follows:

<existing command>;python sample.py;

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

That worked great, thank you!

0 Likes