Ghost Components in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaHa_1249911
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a very weird problem in PSoC Creator.

I had placed a Debouncer component, "Debounced_CRSTX" in my TopDesign schematic. Later, I deleted that component. When I try to build, I get this:

PsOC Creator.png

Errors 1-6 refer to things that I deleted.

So I delete the TopDesign.cysch file, get the old one from my GIT repository. Same error. Then I delete every generated file, and try again. Same thing. This doesn't make any sense... this component and the associated nets were only in this project for about ten minutes this morning, and yet, they seem permanent. This is a pretty serious bug in the system. I image I can completely re-create the project an have these not appear any longer, but that should not be necessary.

Screen shot of the full project is attached. Never mind the C-code errors, not the problem.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Which version of Creator are you using? Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes

Too late... I fixed it by grabbing last night's project file from my GIT repo.  Guess that's my work-around if happens another time. This was the second time I ran into this. First time, there was a non-existent wire generating build errors. In that case, I wasted an hour re-drawing the schematic.

So that's a clue -- those components deleted from the schematic were still hidden somewhere in the project, but inaccessible to me. They ought to be deleted when I remove the component. Sure sounds like a bug to me.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my projects on PSoC Creator 4.1.

There is some kind of bug in the software. These errors are not really errors, because the project compiles normally (when you look at the Output tab, you see that the compilation finishes without errors). The way to make them disappear is to close the Creator and open it again.

This is very annoying.

0 Likes

Actually, the version of the error I have seen didn't disappear after resetting either Creator or rebooting Windows. It also wouldn't actually matter if the code compiled or not -- I can't trust the compiler to do the right thing if it's producing errors, and it's against the policies I set for our hardware group to do any kind of release with errors of any kind. 

However, restoring one's original project file did remove the error. So I'm pushing stuff to GIT pretty regularly when working in the schematic editor, just in case it shows up again.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Can you please provide steps to reproduce this issue on a Windows system.

The workaround for this issue is closing and reopening the Creator.

0 Likes
mare_570566
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I've had this problem with a pin component, and restarting Creator solved it.  I've also had the problem with a custom component, and I had to restore an old project version because nothing else would make the errors go away.

0 Likes

Try to close Creator, and delete the fitter file in project root directory "Your Project Name.cyfit ". Works for me.

odissey1

0 Likes