Feature request - Keyword search in autocompletion list

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I could have one wish granted in PSoC Creator, it would be the ability to search the dropdown autocompletion list.

An easy implementation would be similar to using the CRTL+Space key that currently filters the list, simply use CTRL + F to initiate a filter of the current visible list for any entry containing the letters that you type after CTRL + F.

For instance, recently I needed to find out how to set the drive mode of a GPIO pin that is already assigned to an I2C component.

I did find CY_SYS_PINS_SET_DRIVE_MODE eventually by scrolling down hundreds of choices (I didn't even know it started with CY).

With searching I could have found this unknown to me command simply by typing any letter in the list on a blank line (c is a good bet), backspacing to populate the list to all starting letters, press CTRL + F and then type 'drive'.  I am sure the list would have been filtered down to a few at that point and I would just click what I needed.

Would this be useful to others?

Regards,

Dale

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It would be enough for me to have the option to precede a search term with +  or - to indicate inclusion (AND) and exclusion. The current system finds too many occurrences because the result for the terms are ORed (added).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying there is a partial string search already in the autocompletion list when you are writing code?

0 Likes