Export Project to Visual Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeSi_1583586
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

We have two people developing PSoc 5 projects on two networked computers.

David writes the sofware, and has all the project files on his computer.

I design the 'hardware' on my computer using PSoC Creator 4.2

Whenever I make changes to the hardware (adding components etc) I need to export the project. Running the IDE Export Wizard I am given the options of exporting to 'Eclipse', 'IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM', 'uVision 4', 'Generated CMSIS Pack' or 'Makefile'

Although David has the Eclipse software installed on his computer he would very much prefer to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 which is not in the list of options.

Would it be possible to use Visual Studio by choosing one of the other options; is export to Visual Studio available as an add-on; or is it in the 'to-do' list of future releases of PSoc Creator?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Currently we do not have any such provision in PSoC Creator to export to Visual Studio. I appreciate the feedback and will pass this query on to the product development team for review

Additionally to help collaboration across teams, we do have support for version control which I think would be useful: Revision Control for PSoC® Creator™ Projects - KBA86358

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply