Creator 4.4: Problem with update manager and debug target Error fmk.M0027

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GuNo_288966
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

On my PC I had to replace the D drive where Creator was installed due to a hardware fault of the drive.

Then I could install PSoC Creator 4.4 successfully, but two problems remain.

1) Update manager: When I start the update manager, the message

"PSoC Creator errro fmk.M0027 Unable to start executable image: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager\cyliveupdate.exe)", see attached image.

pops up. I installed Creator on the D drive. There is no directorxy named "Cypress Update Manager" nor a file named "cyliveupdate.exe" on the disks.

When I click "Show Details", it says that there is an internal error.

2) Select Debug Target.

After selection of Debug  - Select Debug Target, a window "Select Debug Target" pops up as usual. But there is nothing in this window. See attached image.

I am an experienced user of Creator, and I have PSoC Creator 4.4 installed on other PCs successfully, everything is fine there.

As said above, on this PC, I had to replace the D drive due to a hardware fault on the drive. Maybe Windows got confused because Creator (and other software) suddenly disappeared. I uninstalled everything that was possible, deleted all Cypress files from the disks, cleaned everything from Cypress from the registry, installed and uninstalled Creator several times, still the same problem.

All ideas are welcome since I do not like the idea to re-install Windows completely...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Before you go for an OS reinstall, can you see if the the folder "Cypress Update Manager" exists in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager

If yes, please try extracting the file attached with the thread and paste it there. Then run cyliveupdate.exe

Let me know your observations. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @GuNo_288966 ,

Looks like your installation is corrupted. Please follow these steps to uninstall PSoC Creator correctly:
1) Open Programs and Features in the Control Panel and uninstall PSoC Creator
2) Navigate to this path: "C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\PSoC Creator\" and delete the folder named "4.4" if it exists.
3) Delete the folder "PSoC Creator" in the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress" if it exists.
4) Delete the folder "PSoC Creator" in the path: "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor" if it exists
5) Now install PSoC Creator and choose the installation type as "Complete". Make sure your anti-virus or end-point protection softwares are disabled if any. 

Note that since you installed PSoC Creator on a different drive, some of these paths may vary. Please find the respective paths and delete the folders mentioned above. It should work.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
GuNo_288966
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Dheeraj,

thanks for the instructions, but it did not work.

I followed your instructions. At the end of the installation a window asked to show release notes, start update manager and start creator as normal.

Release Notes were shown.

Update manager could not start. Message: "Error. Installer could not launch Update Manager. Check whether Update Manager is installed."

Creator started.

But in parallel, Creator automatically started to uninstall - never seen this before.

I will now re-install Windows from scratch.

0 Likes

Before you go for an OS reinstall, can you see if the the folder "Cypress Update Manager" exists in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager

If yes, please try extracting the file attached with the thread and paste it there. Then run cyliveupdate.exe

Let me know your observations. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
GuNo_288966
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry, Dheeraj, the complete Cypress folder was deleted in step 3 of your instructions.

After re-installation of Windows it now works.

0 Likes

After all the deletions, Step5 was to reinstall PSoC Creator. So after Creator is installed correctly, you should find this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager" where you can add the cyliveupdate.exe. 

Anyways glad to hear that it works after the Windows reinstall 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes