cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC Creator & Designer Software

JoMe_264151
Expert II

When trying to access a specified register in GCC the syntax is given clearly. Here an example:

volatile register uint32 R2 asm ("r2");

This line gets flagged by the code-checker stating that the label "r2" is ignored because R2 is an automatic variable.

Instead declaring

static volatile register uint32 R2 asm ("r2");

is accepted and no error displayed.

But when compiled, the first declaration is error-free and the register can be accessed from C without any problems, while the second declaration is flgges as an error.

I admit that this issue will only touch the "Cracks", but the truth is: I am one.

Bob

PS: before hitting the "Post"-button everything looks nice, let's see whether the text gets clobbered.

0 Likes
6 Replies
JoMe_264151
Expert II

This is my day!!!

No text-mixing by the code editor when using pasted lines!

Bob

0 Likes
kemic_264446
New Contributor II

Nice catch Bob.

Wouldn't it be good if there was nice place to report bugs to cypress - not for support like 'My Cases' just to ley the dev teams know. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have noticed that too. I actually thought I was doing something wrong.   
0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

Robyn, shall we consider to mail our bugs directly to you? You already have taken over sometimes and re-directed that information into the right channels. Only the frequent contributors will remember such an arrangement, so you will not bath in emails. The question is: who (you?) is going to make that job...

Bob

0 Likes
RobynW_26
Employee

You can certainly email me any bugs you find (or feature improvements you'd like)!  I do try to enter any bugs/challenges that I see on the forums for our dev team.  You can email me at RBYN at cypress dot com anytime if you'd like to report things though.

-Robyn

0 Likes
yakhc_286061
New Contributor

UDB Editor bug

Create instruction   Nop,  A0 = F0, A1 = F1

Generated verilog is incorrect. 

`CS_ALU_OP_PASS, `CS_SRCA_A0, `CS_SRCB_D0, `CS_SHFT_OP_PASS, `CS_A0_SRC___F0, `CS_A1_SRC___F0, `CS_FEEDBACK_DSBL, `CS_CI_SEL_CFGA, `CS_SI_SEL_CFGA, `CS_CMP_SEL_CFGA,

Error: Undefined macro `CS_A1_SRC___F0'   Should be  `CS_A1_SRC___F1

UDB Editor feature request

UDB Editor lacks datapath configurable options: Parallel IO and Carry handling. Please add it.

0 Likes