Creation of a new coposant with direct connection to an API without using ShiftRegister

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DECh_1002081
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to create a new component for PSoC5 (inferface with a PS2 keyboard). I created the component, made the .h file and the .c file, wrote the interrupt but I used a ShiftRegister for offset and so it appears this component in the project. I would like not to use it.

I know how to make a shift register with scales but I do not know how to read the bits directly in an API that I wrote: I do not want to go through a "Status Register" because otherwise I will have this component again in my project.

I did not find an answer in the tutorials or the forum.

Thank you in advance.New_Component.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

DECh,

On the schematic, the Edge Detector doesn't seem to do anything  and can be removed. Both Sync component can likely be removed as well, just make sure that input pins PS2_CLK and PS2_DATA are set to Sync.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

DECh,

On the schematic, the Edge Detector doesn't seem to do anything  and can be removed. Both Sync component can likely be removed as well, just make sure that input pins PS2_CLK and PS2_DATA are set to Sync.

/odissey1

0 Likes