Component creation with optional pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnLa_2442386
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm currently creating some psoc component, where I need to have optional pin. How to do that ?

AnLa_2442386_0-1625819459861.png

Thanks

Antoine

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

AnLa,

Attached is a project showing Pin Show/Hide. Actual Pin inp is being hidden, instead of removing it entirely. Please notice Pin inp settings (Format Shape).

/odissey1

PinEnable_01a_B.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Antoine,

There is some info in the "Component Author Guide" but it is a bit hit or miss.

Do you know how to import someone else's component.  It is very common for component authors to use other's components as a working example.  For example if you import "cy_dma_v1_70" you can use it to reverse-engineer how to add optional terminal pins and the way to make the pin visible (Visibility Expression) based on a Formal Parameter.

Start there. 

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

AnLa,

Attached is a project showing Pin Show/Hide. Actual Pin inp is being hidden, instead of removing it entirely. Please notice Pin inp settings (Format Shape).

/odissey1

PinEnable_01a_B.png

AnLa_2442386
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

@Len_CONSULTRON Thanks for the tips, I have tried to reverse the dma component, but i'm facing to blocking issue where my item need be a "cy_m0s8_dma_v1_0". I try a ton of other things, the LUT component seem to be a better start than DMA. I don't found any documentation about cs interface api, I'm not a C# dev, without documentation it's a bit too difficult (do not really have time).

@odissey1 Awesome, that what I looking for, i had never open "format shape" for pin

Thanks you both

Antoine

0 Likes