Compiler hands for 120s from time to time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RuGl_1600761
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

In my last post I thought that debugger hangs. But pressing debug button will first launch compiler. 

It is really ridiculous and I get slowly mad (I whish back to times when I was allowed to use MPLABX and the great support of microchip)

I could not detect any mechanism ... from time to time (min. once a day) this compiler hanging feature  pops up and stays for hours.... every compile will have this 120s break feature. Than suddenly  it is gone and compile responds directly after pressing compile.... . It slows me down and my nerves are now very thin. I use PSOC CREATOR V 4.4

Please help !!!!!

rgl
0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @RuGl_1600761

From what I understand every once in a while PSoC Creator build hangs for about 120 seconds when you click on Debug. I am assuming that this occurs irrespective of the PSoC Creator project. Please confirm the same. If it is project-dependent please let us know the path in which the project exists and try creating a project in the Documents directory and let us know if the issue persists. 

Can you also share the console log when the build hangs? Is the project getting recompiled again? At what stage is it getting stuck?

Can you observe the same issue when you are trying to program the device or when you attach to the running target? Also please confirm that the MiniProg4 programmer configurations are set correctly. If these parameters are not set correctly, we have observed that PSoC Creator becomes unresponsive till it confirms that it is unable to acquire the device.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rakshith,

Pressing the Compile or the Debug button after a change in code the whole IDE freezes .... you can not make any action in IDE. After 120s suddenly the IDE is back to life and the compile starts... from this point on every things seems ok again (until next compile is needed) I added the build.log as zip file.

BTW I did not install the keil compiler (8051) for I work only with PSOC4. Every time I start Psoc Creator a window comes up and like to force me to register at keil.... for getting a compile I do not need ???

rgl
0 Likes

Hi @RuGl_1600761 ,

Firstly, it is not compulsory for you to register for keil for compiling. You can skip that step. Also, I went through your build log and nothing seems unusual though.

Since you mentioned that PSoC Creator compile is failing, it is not miniprog4 programmer issue and PSoC Creator might be blocked by some functioning anti-virus or windows firewall settings. So, Can you please confirm if you have anti-virus or firewalls settings enabled in your system?

Also, can you please confirm if you are using any other tool/program in parallel with PSoC Creator?

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
RuGl_1600761
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Ashita,

The laptop is a standard Infineon client.  For sure there is a WIN10 virus protection and a firewall running, but I can not have any influence on all this. In parallel I am using YAT a terminal for USB HID sending commands to my hardware (I am debugging) but no other IDE or uC tool else. I use YAT long time but never had any issue with YAT. There was a WIN10 in place update that had been performed on all Infineon clients... I had some failing update runs until it finally updated successfully. All other applications running on my laptop work perfectly.

BR

RuGl

rgl
0 Likes

Hi @RuGl_1600761 ,

I found a similar thread which might be helpful to you in that case:  Solved: Compile Edge Detector - stuck at "Tech Mapping.." - Cypress Developer Community   . It is a solved thread, so you can directly jump to the solution of this thread.

Please try it out at your end and let us know if this helps!!

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes