Comparator to SCB UART RX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaAn_4627896
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I use a CY8C6347BZI-BLD54 together with PSoC Creator 4.2.

I try to connect the output from a comparator to the input of an UART SCB-block, but when I try to build the project the routing fails.

Is it not possible to do this kind of connection?

Schematic.PNG

Error.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Kalle,

If you see the component datasheet,
"By default, the UART pins are buried inside Component: UART_1_rx, UART_1_tx, UART_1_tx_en, UART_1_cts, UART_1_rts and UART_1_tx_rx. These pins are buried because they use dedicated connections and are not routable as general purpose signals"

So you will not be able to connect the comparator output as dedicated connections are already available for it. You may have to use an additional pin to route the output of the comparator to the UART input externally.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

May be this is not what you wanted, but modifying your schematic like below and using a couple of external pin I could compile it.

Note: RX_EXT_OUT is a Digital Output Pin and RX_EXT_IN is a Digital Input Pin

000-schematic.JPG

moto

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Kalle,

If you see the component datasheet,
"By default, the UART pins are buried inside Component: UART_1_rx, UART_1_tx, UART_1_tx_en, UART_1_cts, UART_1_rts and UART_1_tx_rx. These pins are buried because they use dedicated connections and are not routable as general purpose signals"

So you will not be able to connect the comparator output as dedicated connections are already available for it. You may have to use an additional pin to route the output of the comparator to the UART input externally.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I may have to write that in my previous sample,

I need to connect RX_EXT_OUT and RX_EXT_IN using jumper wire outside the device.

moto

0 Likes