Chip Editor Window dosen't appear in PSOC Designer 5.1 SP1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi !

I am using PSoC Designer  5.1 (SP1)- Build 2101 - 27-December-2010.15:17:09. Chip Editor window is not loading. PC becomes very slow . What could be the reason for this?

Please find the attached screen shot of PSOC designer

Regards

Kedar

0 Likes
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

I need following information from your side so as to find the root cause:-

1. Operating System

2. IE version

3. Have you installed PSoC Designer for the first time. If no, did you face this issue in previous version (mention version) as well?

4. Do you have Admin previleges? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the most frequent cause of this problem is lack of an SVG viewer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!,

My OS is Windows XP SP3. My PC is is 2.5 GHz Celeron processor and I have 1 GB RAM.

My IE is 8.0.6001.18702.

I was using PSOC designer 5.1 Build 1875 for last 3 months. When this chip editor window problem occured I upgraded to PSOC designer 5.1 Build 2201. Still the problem continued.

After that I uninstalled PSOC designer  and again installed it. Still the problem continued.

I have also reinstalled SVG viewer.

Regards

Kedar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have upgraded to PSCOC 5.1 Build 2101. I have mentioned Build 2201 in my previous post by mistake.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention that I have admin Privilages

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kedar,

I have reported your issue in our internal defect tracking system. I will get back to you next week with an update.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

Are you facing this problem  while using any particular device? If yes, then mention the device number.

Also are you facing this problem while creating a new project or opening an old one? If later is the case, then attach your project as well.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!.

I am using capsense device Part # CY8C20346A-24LQXI.

I just now tried to create a new project with other device but parts catalog is also not coming. I am attaching my old project for your reference.

Regards

Kedar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

We couldn't reproduce your issue. So as to find the root cause, I need some more information:-

Please perform the following:
1. Remove all text from d:\Documents and Settings\Micha\Application Data\Cypress_Semiconductor\PSoC_Designer_51\debug.log
2. Create new project for CY8C20346A-24LQXI and provide the debug.log file.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

As I mentioned earlier in my earlier post the parts catlogue is also not loading,I have created new project with the default part CY8C29466. Please find the debug log file for the project.

Regards

Kedar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

You forgot to add the log file, please attach it. Also mention the version of Adobe SVG viewer, installed on your PC.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I mentioned in my earlier post that part catlaoge is also not loading. I have created new project with default chip. See the log for same.

25328 INFO  2011-03-10 09:41:03,344 [1] PSoCStandard.Standard.StartPageForm - Ready
83171 INFO  2011-03-10 09:42:01,188 [1] PSoCStandard.Standard.PSoCStandardPackage - Creating F:\test project\test_project
376093 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:54,110 [1] DeviceEditor.DeviceEditorDocument - Loading test_project.soc...
376265 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:54,282 [1] DeviceEditor.DeviceEditorDocument - Loading test_project Loadable Configuration...
376656 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:54,672 [1] DeviceEditor.DeviceEditorDocument - Initializing Chip Editor...
376687 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:54,704 [1] DeviceEditor.DeviceEditorForm - Loading Chip Editor GUI...
378515 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:56,532 [1] DeviceEditor.DeviceEditorDocument - Adding test_project loadable configuration...
380562 INFO  2011-03-10 09:46:58,579 [1] PSoCDebugger.Debugger - Initializing debugger...

Then I closed Psoc Designer and restarted again after some time. Then I got following error

17015 ERROR 2011-03-10 11:37:35,375 [1] PSoCDesigner.PSoCDesignerFramework - System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.IMAGECRAFTLib, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Thread was interrupted from a waiting state. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131519)
File name: 'Interop.IMAGECRAFTLib, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at ImageCraft.ImageCraftPackage.IsToolAvailable()
   at BuildManager.BuildManagerPackage.Start()
   at PSoCDesigner.PSoCDesignerFramework.LoadPackages(String filename)

Regards

Kedar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SVG viewer version is 3.03

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

Please provide me your email id and contact number so that our software team can contact you.

Best regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am learning programming on PSOC Design 5.1.

I Have small doubt regarding USB interface?

How can I inerface PSOC with USB as COM port?

I tried to include  USBUART user module somponent as a project dependencies?

is it possible to add as a dependencies to my project?

My goal to to communicate the PSOC with LABVIEW on PC through USB : Is is sounds good?

Please your answer will help me a lot to move forward.

thanks in advance 🙂

Regards, 

Srinivas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kedar,

We have fixed the blank part catalogue issue in Designer 5.1 SP1.1. Please download it from http://www.cypress.com/?rID=41083 and let me know if it solves your issue.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Srinivas,

You can use USBUART user module to interface PSoC with USB as a COM port.

Dependencies are not required as USBUART is a component in PSoC Designer, but this component can be used only with the parts having USB capability.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

I think I am facing a similar situation since yesterday.  I was using PSD 5.0 SP1 which came along with the PSOC creator CD.

My Setup runs on WinXP SP3, PSD versions having trouble PSD 4.3 and PSD 5.0.  No Internet Explorer, I use Mozilla Firefox4 and the setup has been working for some years now.  So, this is not a new installation that I am mentioning out here.  My user status is Admin under WinXP.

As part of PC maintenance, I happened to run a registry cleanup.  After that, I am unable to see the chip editor / pin layout windows.  Suspecting it to be related to the SVG viewer, I got me a copy from adobe.com, installed it, still no luck.

Seeing some recommendations on PSoCDeveloper.com, I uninstalled the SVG viewer, PSD5.0 and PSD4.3.  Re-installing the PSD4.3 brought me to the point where I get the window which asks to accept the licensing terms of SVG viewer, but, it is blank and has a check box.  Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the screen as these things take up some time to do over and over again.

Thinking that this could have solved my problem, I tried loading an existing project. Unfortunately, the Device Editor window shows a 'Wait cursor' and the CPU usage goes up to 98%.  Nothing comes of it.  Finally, I have to kill task to get out.

Practically, now, both PSD4.3 and 5.0 have stopped working and I realize it is some common element that binds the 2 of them namely the SVG viewer or similar DLL.

Seeing this thread, I am in the process of upgrading to psd 5.1 to see if my issue gets resolved.

Any clues to what is amiss?

Regards

Jerson

0 Likes
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

Ok, I have an update that may help others in a similar situation

After 2 days of gruelling searches, I found this site

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/why-i-cant-run-servicesmsc-activex-error/4789.html

As suggested by the post,

Googled to get the solution.
The parasite zone named 'L' appeared in both
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

&

HKEY_LOCAL_MAHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

Deleting both solved the problem.

I found a dummy zone in the HKLM..... currentuser.... Zones.  Backed up the key and deleted it.

Now, whichever PSD version I run, it works perfectly.

Now, I have to wonder how that zone sneaked in ...!!!

Regards

Jerson

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jerson,

Thanks for providing that update, we'll check it.

Kedar,

Can you provide your contact details so that we can set up a meeting to resolve that issue.

Best Regards,
Akshat

0 Likes
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Kedar

You may contact me at    embedded dot design at yahoo dot com

Regards

Jerson

0 Likes
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

Oops..  I meant Akshat.  sorry for that

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi thanks for that regedit settings is saved mt lot of time.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi  i  have  the same  problem, please help,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even one of My Customer is facing same issue , wherein Chip Editor is not visible .

Customer using Windows XP SP3 .

is there any ActiveX Control Driver whihc has to be installed?

Regards

Channabasavaraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thx , it worked for me too......

0 Likes