Capsense component doesn't generate code properly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benjaminpaik
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I am following the psoc 6 101 tutorials and came across an issue when running the capsense example project. I noticed that there are compile errors when generating the application with a capsense component. I traced it back to a missing variable in the "cy_stc_syspm_callback_params_t" structure in the "cy_syspm.h" file. Reintroducing the variable fixes the project, but it gets deleted every time I generate the application. I am currently using PSoC Creator 4.4 and Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.3.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @benjaminpaik

This error occurs because you are using an older version of the CapSense component with the latest PDL. You can fix this by simply updating the component to CapSense V3.0.

To do so, you can right-click on the project in the workspace explorer and select update components, or Project->Update Components and update the CapSense component to V3.0.

Hari_0-1610708808809.png

This should fix the issue.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @benjaminpaik

This error occurs because you are using an older version of the CapSense component with the latest PDL. You can fix this by simply updating the component to CapSense V3.0.

To do so, you can right-click on the project in the workspace explorer and select update components, or Project->Update Components and update the CapSense component to V3.0.

Hari_0-1610708808809.png

This should fix the issue.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes