Can someone tell me what the hell Creator 4.2 does with the network when compiling?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaNa_4376446
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

The Task Manager shows me a 100% Ethernet load during compilation! I looked into the Task Manager because the compile process was so incredibly slow. If I unplug the Ethernet cable and compile it has 0% Ethernet load, of course, and the compiler has normal speed again. I'm not amused about that.

So what does Cypress do with the network!!!

1 Solution

You can check network activity of PSoC Creator by observing the process logs.

Please go to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Download process monitor and run the Procmon.exe after extracting. Run the application initially without any filters. Once the process names start to pop up, open psoc creator. Once psoc creator is open, in Process Monitor window, click on "Filters" at the top. Then add "Process name" is "psoc_creator.exe" as shown in the screenshot below. Click apply.

process_name.png

Now you should see only the psoc creator logs. After this build your project and check the "Operation" column to see any internet access and the function which is calling it.

I see some TCP connections back and forth initially which should be Creator trying to load the blog in startup page. I didn't see anything abnormal about it.

After running, please share your logs so that we can get more insight into why its happening in your PC.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies