CYRF69103 help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't find a dedicated forum here for the support of Cypress' RF device and that's why posting here. If this is not the proper place, please let the moderator move my post to where it belongs. Thanks for that.

Looking for some support for the CYRF69103 chip. All I need is to send a four bytes from one device and receive them on another. Ne need of retry strategies or any extras, just the bare communication.

I would like to ask for an example absolute minimum needed working code how to do that.

Just some off-topic, related to the matter.

There used to be a great device some years ago - the CYWUSB6953 chip, but now it doesn't appear in any search here and it is like Cypress is trying to make it look like it has never been made. It had that WUSBLP (I think) software module, which was quite easy to use. I haven't had any need to use RF ever since then and I though the development would have been in a positive direction during the years passed, but for my unpleasant surprise the currently offerred set of RF devices are incredibly complex, yet I can't see any particular benefit over the 6953 model...

0 Likes
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi kiiid   
Recently, CyFiSNP protocol is going well, I think   
Max packet size is 14byte, Measurement time interval is 1 sec around   
20 - 100 node points is available in actually   

But Can 69103 device contain this protocol?, I don't know,   
anyhow I have some 103 chip 213 chip.   
I've been use CY3630M module + control PSoC That is applicable to this protocol.   
And for more informations   
FTK3271 has many sample code   
http://www.cypress.com/?rID=17672   
FTRF kit only file is useful.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but that doesn't seem to be available for 69103. And I don't need any nodes, only a simple transmit/receive layer. Can somebody advise me how to get that on the 69103 chip with the minimum working amount of code?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed... I thought it was a simple and straightforward question but no one from Cypress made the effort to write a response in support of their own product. Apparently we all have to be large companies ordering millions of devices in order to get some little respect...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Don't you know Cypress' knowledge searching system   
Enter 69103 into Keyword Search on left upper corner and then   
You can find some App-note, example code and discussions   
Also, you can find Wireless key&mouse examples with 103 and 213   
And Wusb dongle software in somewhere.   
Less effort can't get great solutions.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you think I haven't gone through all that before asking? Lot of stuffing and not a single simple general example how to transfer some data from one device to another

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Simplest example code is in Datasheet of Legacy/CyFiSPI module   
It's similar with the Wusb, I guess   
Is it not enough for you?   
Where were you been looking in?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that one. Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ran the example exactly as it is given in the datasheet. The hardware is a copy of the mouse from RDK4672. No luck.

Then ran a simple loop to transmit only. No output at all on the RF pins of 69103... 😞

There must be something in the configuration of this chip that I am missing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        RF system is complex in hardware and software.   
That is mutual system of host and client.   
To make from bare chip is difficult to get work well.   
I recommand you to development kit   
Like FirstTouch Kit-3271 or other RDKs   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is of no help at all. The point of these ICs is to be used in custom devices, not to play with the kits only. I have done a lot of RF devices using other chips in the past so I consider myself at least a bit knowledgeble in making boards and firmware. It is the configuration here where things get nasty.

At least there is always a valuable lesson to learn. In this case - no RF from Cypress ever again...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Walk, Don't run. Huh   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the IRQ pin might be the reason. I have left it unconnected outside just as in the schematic for the mouse from kit 4672. But the software module does require it set. Is there any way to disable the use of interrupts in CYFISPI?

I commented out everything in my code stripping it to the bare minimum. It looks like it gets stuck on the CYFI_Start() and hangs forverer there.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        If you use CyFiSPI module, there is a IRQ_Port setting in that properties   
And able to select option to NONE,   
Side effect? I don't know.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I select 'None', it fails on compilation somewhere in the asm code:

Starting MAKE...   

creating project.mk -- no changes   

Linking..   

!ERROR {linker} file 'cyfi_e2_spim.o': undefined symbol 'CYFI_IRQ_MASK'   

make: *** [output/KeyD.rom] Error -1   

KeyD - 2 error(s) 0 warning(s) 13:48:27   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        You would be better to rise MyCase   
Thank you.   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

To file a tech case -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a MyCase”

Regards, Dana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a support case. Thanks

0 Likes
saiprashanthc_
Employee
Employee

Side effect of not connecting IRQ pin -   CYFI protocol uses external interrupt from the radio when the packet transmission or reception is successful. 

Hence the firmware will not build if IRQ pin is not assigned.

-Sai

0 Likes