CY8CMBR3116 setting DEBUG_SENSOR_ID takes quite long

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to read out raw counts from CY8CMBR3116 which works well for one single sensor.

My problem: I want to have a quick overview of the raw counts of each sensor used (13 in total) so I have to rewrite SENSOR_ID register and wait until that value appears in DEBUG_SENSOR_ID register which takes quite long. I haven't investigated it in to the details but the waiting time seems to vary arbitrarily by a factor of 3 and is in average about 50ms each.

Is there a way to accelerate the process of writing from SENSOR_ID to DEBUG_SENSOR_ID?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi,

This time will not be a constant value. The MBR3 has a firmware loop running and this command will be executed when the time comes. So this will depend on the MBR3 configuration and also the line of execution when the command is passed. You may consider the worst case time as the time between two consecutive scans.

Thanks,

Yuva.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yuva

Hi,

This time will not be a constant value. The MBR3 has a firmware loop running and this command will be executed when the time comes. So this will depend on the MBR3 configuration and also the line of execution when the command is passed. You may consider the worst case time as the time between two consecutive scans.

Thanks,

Yuva.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Yuva,

thanks for your reply. In conclusion it's not possible to read all raw-counts as fast as I want to. Fair enough, it's not what this IC is designed to do anyway.

0 Likes
Yuva

Hi,

The main application of this chip to provide the sensor touch status of the buttons seamlessly. If you are looking for application with rawcounts go for PSoC 4 devices with CSD.

Thanks,

Yuva.