Building without PSoC Creator's IDE? Possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuEl_264296
Level 5
Level 5
First like given 25 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to create applications for the PSoC without using PSoC Creator's IDE. Is it possible to create a textual representation of my schematic, etc., and then build the firmware from the command line, without using the IDE at all?

The reason I ask is that I would like to experiment with automatically generated schematics. I would write a python script which will generate the schematic and source code automatically, then compile it and program it into the PSoC without needing any assistance from me. It will generate dozens of different schematics, and I would like it to work completely automatically.

Is this possible? If so, is there a document explaining how to do this, and the format of the files I need to generate?

Many thanks

Hugo Elias

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Rocketmagnet   
Doable, I think   
Schematics are written by verilog code finally   
You can see it in project.v file   
But I don't know how to do it, of course   
Thank you.   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The schematic capture one would think is based on some "standard",

maybe if you file a CASE you might be able to answer the question.

To file a tech case -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a MyCase”

Regards, Dana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doable, yes,  the schematic is represented in file you can open it and the whole build process is based upon several files in the devices folder. Although, doable, I think it will require a lot of research to build it from scratch as it is not docummented (at least its not been made public). I think you could start with a base project build on Creator and then use pyton to modify the project according to your needs.

0 Likes