Building same project for multiple devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiLe_295706
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like this is should be a FAQ, but I can't find an answer.

I have a 5LP project being developed for a CY8C5267, but using the CY8C5868 on the CY8CKIT-050 for test and debug.  By changing the project  target device, I can successfully build the project and download to either destination.

Can this manual process be simplified a bit? I would like to have either separate project configurations for the two target processors, or separate projects sharing the same source, cysch and cydwr files.

If anyone has come up with a good way to do this, I'd love to hear about it.

0 Likes
4 Replies
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

There isn't an easier method today; however, in PSoC Creator 3.1 we are working to make this quite a bit easier.  You'll be able to program any subset part onto the kit boards - no device change needed.

-Robyn

0 Likes
WiLe_295706
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. That will certainly help on future projects.

0 Likes
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

So now that PSoC Creator 4.0 is out, how do we do this?  I want to be able to write for our prototype that will use one chip, but test it on the dev board that uses a different chip, and not have to rewire all the pins whenever I switch between target devices.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You could use a control file. In Creator Help is a brief description on how to create it.

Bob