Build setting for release of PSO5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

We are working on PSOC5 project and would like to make a release build of the project. however, it seems there is no way to change the build setting configuration to release. it is always in "debug(active)".

We modified the configuration setting to "release" and press OK, but when we re-open the build setting, it is still debug(active).

Would there be other setting we need to change?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is a "Build Configuration" toolbar on my main window showing "Debug" and can be switched to "Release". If you cannot see that toolbar, try to find it and make it visible. The setting made there persists even when closing and re-opening Creator.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is a "Build Configuration" toolbar on my main window showing "Debug" and can be switched to "Release". If you cannot see that toolbar, try to find it and make it visible. The setting made there persists even when closing and re-opening Creator.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problem with another PSOC3 project, jsut cannot do that with psoc5 project.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

So, do you have the toolbar named "Build Configuration" activated? (right click into an empty space in the toolbar area and select it).

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

I make the change in the project-> build setting tab. Shall try you way tomorrow.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The change in the Project-> build setting... dialog will allone not work, this dialog is only for changeing the settings, not for selecting between Release/Debug. The "active" is only informative. So you'll have to change the mode as described above.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused. So the build setting in the project->build setting tab is useless? What is the difference betwen that project-> build setting and the build setting toolbar as you mentioned? The strange thing is that I can use the project -> build setting with the psoc3 project.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Well, useless is not the correct word, the Project->build setting is the dialog to modify the SETTINGs. As an indicator you get the hint which of the configurations has been made active. In the dialog it is used to select the configuration you want to modify, not to select the configuration that is applied to your build-process. That is done in the toolbar.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello!

This is my fault - sorry. We noticed the problem a while back and determined a good way to remove the confusion. Unfortunately I failed to get the change included in the 2.0, or upcoming 2.1, releases. As soon as I get this hair shirt off my back, and recover from the flogging I so richly deserve, I shall make sure we do get it in the 2.2 release at the end of the year.

I attached a couple of pics of the new button in the Build Settings dialog (which effectively obviates the Configuration toolbar).

-- mgs

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

And the second pic.

0 Likes