Bootloader Error with PSoC Creator 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I have a problem with the bootloader component, I have been working with PSoC Creator 2.2 and I used a bootloader for updating my applications, a few days ago I update to PSoC Creator 3 and when I update the components of my Bootloader Application my project just stop working,

In my application I have a Digital Input Pin named "Boot" , a Bootloader component named "Bootloader" and  a UART component for communicate to the PC with the PSoC. And what I want to do is to initialize the bootloader using a push button when I reset the PSoC.

My code is this:

int main()
{
    /**********    Initialization  **********/
    PWM_Start();
    PWM2_Start();

if((Boot_Read() == 0) || (Bootloader_GET_RUN_TYPE == Bootloader_START_BTLDR)){
        Bootloader_SET_RUN_TYPE(Bootloader_START_BTLDR);
    }
    else{
        Bootloader_LaunchApplication();
    }

CyBtldr_Start();

for(;;)
    {
        /* Place your application code here. */
    }
}

When I build my project a new error appear: 'undefined reference to Bootloader_LaunchApplication" ', I looked for that function in Bootloader.c in the Generated_Source folder and that function is there but I can't use that function because it is Static.

I tried replacing:

Bootloader_LaunchApplication();

by:

Bootloader_SET_RUN_TYPE(Bootloader_START_APP);
CySoftwareReset();

but it doesn't work, the PSoC just stop working and I can't bootload a new application nor I can´t use the previously loaded application.

I need to find a way to initialize the Bootloader using a push button when I reset the PSoC, I've been trying writting new code but the bootloader doesn't work like I wish. I hope you can help me

0 Likes
1 Reply