BUG - Notice List not clearing at build start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all PSoC enthusiasts.

I believe that my PSoC Creator has a little BUG that quite bothers me. Whenever I build a project the notice list does not clear, showing errors and alerts even after all of them were corrected, even the Build is succeed, but the list keeps full of past errors.

Have any of you guys faced the same issue already?

Nicolas

0 Likes
22 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Notice list shows always the results of all builds in a Creator session. This allows for checking code/ram usage when compiled with different settings. All new notes are appended at the end of the list. You may clear it manually.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, thank you for your reply!

I understand that if appends the new notes on a Creator session, but even when it was related to the same project. I fixed the errors but they keep on the list.

You mentioned that I can clear them manually, how?

Thank you again.

Nicolas

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi Nicolas,

I think i have the same behavior in Creator 4.0, the only way i can clear those errors are closing Creator and opening it again, this ended up being more annoying to me haha.

There's another post on the forum where an Cypress employe explain the reason of this "bug" but i can't find it right now.

Carlos

0 Likes
PSBU_2325551
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello Nicolas,Carlos

Are you observing this issue for all the projects or for specific project.

Can you share details about your system like OS,RAM available and .NET version.

I have seen this issue,but it is sporadic,there is no definite way to recreate it.

The behavior varies across systems also

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carlos and PSOC Buddy! Hope you're doing well.

PSoC Buddy, this issue has already happened more than once with me, most of the times when I have several projects in a workspace and I am working on more than one at the same time (keep changing the active project).

Regarding my system spec. I run the PSoC Creator in a virtual machine (parallels desktop) with windows 10. It runs with 8GB of RAM and 4 dedicated CPU Cores. The .NET installed is the 4.6.1.

Carlos, the only way I found to clear the notice list is to close and open again, as you've mentioned.

I will try to report this to Cypress directly via a case. I am still wondering if it is a bug or it is meant to work like that

Bests

Nicolas

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Nicolas,

Can you tell us whether you get this behavior even when you don't open several projects in a workspace.Does you get this behavior when you open 2-3 projects in a workspace or not.

Please share your observations

0 Likes
StFa_285751
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi folks,

I was searching for a solution to this problem and came across your thread. I too have the same issue; any errors in the notice list remain there even after correcting them and completing a successful build. This can lead to confusion and new errors being difficult to notice or find.

To answer the question posted above, I have a single project only open and I get the issue.

My specs:
PSoC Creator 4.0 Update 1 (4.0.0.432)
OS: Windows 10 64bit (listed in PSoC Creator Help as "Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)
CLR Version: 4.0.30319.42000
.NET version: 4.6.01586
RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-4210U 2.4 GHz

0 Likes
ChLi_1922061
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Well, I didn't have this behavior in Creator 4.0 but I have it now in 4.1.....so the knowledge base article is obsolete...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all,

Sorry for being away from this post I have created.

I still get the issue, but I learn to live with it. I first check the output window to see if I got any issues, then I go for the notice list looking for the issues and solving one by one.

As ANKS asked, I do have this issue even when only one project is inside the workspace. I just know that, in my personal opinion, the notice list should clear completely prior to any project build. And show only information related to the active project (if active project changes, notice list change as well).

Let's see in the next update how this goes.

Regards to all.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I confirm that I had this issue in PSoC Creator 4.0 and it is still present in 4.1 (clean install on a fresh windows 10).

0 Likes
CoMa_264751
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I am using Creator 4.1 and it's the same story with a single project open but using nearly all the resources the bug list will not clear on a successful recompile.

Same answer to get around it close Creator and then reopen Creator, but if at this stage you generate more bugs these bugs remain.

Could we have a manual option to clear the bug list and recompile?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you guys provide fixed steps for recreating the issue of Notice list not clearing in PSoC Creator4.1 Update1 for any project.We need to recreate it at our end first.

0 Likes

Well this is embarrassing I made a new version of the project giving me trouble and now no trouble.

When or if I get this happening again, as I am still working on finishing this project, I will Archive and send the project and try to advise how or what the last edit I did caused the problem to return.

My project spans many schematic sheets and has nearly used all available resources, it's not a major problem and if you close the project and reopen then the errors go away.

However many thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

Howdy,

I reckon this might be fixed in Update1...I noticed yesterday that it was no longer happening.

0 Likes

Hi just got it to happen again.

I have put Workspace bundle together of my project.

It appears to happen when I remove a Net from one page of a schematic which connects with other Schematic pages, the orphaned nets generate the errors but if I return the removed Net the orphaned errors remain even after a successful re-compile.

0 Likes

Hi,

What type of workspace bundle would be best to send you

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

The workaround for this issue presently is closing and reopening the Creator

0 Likes

when is this expected to be fixed? i see this issue every day in 4.2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue still present in PSoC Creator 4.2.

0 Likes
OtGo_1311741
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Me too

0 Likes

This still happens in Creator 4.2, not always, but sometimes. Very confusing.

0 Likes