Add terminal to Component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeSi_1583586
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I have created a new component using the symbol wizard template to define the terminals, and written some verilog code to define its operation.

While writing the code I realized I need to add another output terminal to the component.  I added the output to the list of inputs and outputs at the start ovf the verilog file. How do I now add this terminal to the symbol? I had assumed that defining the terminal in the verilog file that it would have updated the symbol automatically - but it didn't! Apart from that the project builds successfully.

Can anyone help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

PeSi,,

When you are editing the symbol file (.cysym) you will find terminal pin symbols you can add on the left-hand border of the editor window.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1631709227228.png

The Digital_Output terminal can then be dragged onto the symbol and renamed to match the output name assigned in the VeriLog file.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

PeSi,,

When you are editing the symbol file (.cysym) you will find terminal pin symbols you can add on the left-hand border of the editor window.

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1631709227228.png

The Digital_Output terminal can then be dragged onto the symbol and renamed to match the output name assigned in the VeriLog file.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
PeSi_1583586
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Great! Thank you very much.

Peter

0 Likes