AN86526 enabling crc-16 for cyacd files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've been using the example project AN86526 to learn how to push a bootloadable from a host to my psoc. I've come across an issue with the checksums: regardless of whether I choose standard summation or crc-16 for the bootloader the cyacd file only has the standard summation checksum at the end of each line. I would like to employ the crc-16 check instead, is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks

-Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can choose the option Packet checksum type in bootloader Component-
This parameter has a couple of options for the type of checksum to use when transferring packets of data between the host and the bootloader. The default value is Basic summation.
The basic summation checksum is computed by adding all the bytes (excluding the checksum) and then taking the 2’s complement. The other option is CRC-16CCITT ‒ the 16 bit CRC using the CCITT algorithm.

In this KBA-

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/format-cyacd-file-psoc-3-or-psoc-5lp-bootloader-kba216...

It is mentioned that 

The header record specifies the device revision and has the following format: 

[4-byte SiliconID][1-byte SiliconRev][1-byte Checksum Type] 

1 byte Checksum will indicate the Checksum type

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can choose the option Packet checksum type in bootloader Component-
This parameter has a couple of options for the type of checksum to use when transferring packets of data between the host and the bootloader. The default value is Basic summation.
The basic summation checksum is computed by adding all the bytes (excluding the checksum) and then taking the 2’s complement. The other option is CRC-16CCITT ‒ the 16 bit CRC using the CCITT algorithm.

In this KBA-

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/format-cyacd-file-psoc-3-or-psoc-5lp-bootloader-kba216...

It is mentioned that 

The header record specifies the device revision and has the following format: 

[4-byte SiliconID][1-byte SiliconRev][1-byte Checksum Type] 

1 byte Checksum will indicate the Checksum type

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ANKS, that's what I assumed was happening.

0 Likes