Regarding PSoC6 Secure Boot and DFU.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
500 replies posted 250 sign-ins 10 likes received

Hello.

Is there any sample code or application note that realizes Secure Boot and DFU at the same time?

I would like to know how to realize two functions at the same time, not individually.

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Yutaka-san, 

Apologies for the delay in my response.
We currently do not have a code example for a DFU project for PSoC 64 device. I will create an internal ticket so that our team can evaluate your request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @YuMa_1534086

Can you please let me know if CypressSecureBootloader implementation in PSoC 64 devices is similar to what you are looking for? If that is the case, would PSoC 64 devices be a viable option for your application?

Please refer to the PSoC 64 Secure MCU Secure Boot SDK User Guide for information regarding CypressSecureBootloader. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7

Rakshith M B-san.

Yes, is there any PSoC64 sample code or application note that realizes both Secure Boot you mentioned and DFU at the same time?

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Yutaka-san, 

Apologies for the delay in my response.
We currently do not have a code example for a DFU project for PSoC 64 device. I will create an internal ticket so that our team can evaluate your request.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7

Rakshith M B-san.

Thank you for your support.

>> We currently do not have a code example for a DFU project for PSoC 64 device.

What I need is not only DFU, but PSoC64 sample code or application note that realizes both Secure Boot and DFU at the same time.

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Yutaka-san, 

When the PSoC 64 device is provisioned, the Cypress Secure Bootloader is programmed into the device which will satisfy the Secure Boot requirement. The pre-compiled Cypress Secure Bootloader will be used while creating the provisioning packets. The user application can then be the DFU application. Can you please let me know if my understanding of your requirement is correct?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B