what about the features of PSOC 6?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is glad to see PSOC6 released on the official website and support BLE 5.0,but do not know how about the power consumption? Support for multiple peripherals? or Support for more connections?I am very interested in several aspects, can you talk about content in this area.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for showing your interest in our new PSoC MCU family.

In terms of power consumption, PSoC 6 consumes as low as 22uA/MHz in active modes. In terms of connectivity options, we have Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support and USB for the moment, we plan to add more options in the future. In terms of peripherals, PSoC 6 provides software-defined analog and digital peripherals, which are built on PSoC's programmable fabric. There are analog peripherals, such as an ADC, DAC, Opamps, Comparators, and industry leading CapSense. In terms of digital peripherals, we have TCPWMs (Timer/Counter/PWM), Serial Communication blocks that can be configured as I2C, SPI, UART, and also Universal Digital Blocks that can be used to enable glue logic.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for showing your interest in our new PSoC MCU family.

In terms of power consumption, PSoC 6 consumes as low as 22uA/MHz in active modes. In terms of connectivity options, we have Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support and USB for the moment, we plan to add more options in the future. In terms of peripherals, PSoC 6 provides software-defined analog and digital peripherals, which are built on PSoC's programmable fabric. There are analog peripherals, such as an ADC, DAC, Opamps, Comparators, and industry leading CapSense. In terms of digital peripherals, we have TCPWMs (Timer/Counter/PWM), Serial Communication blocks that can be configured as I2C, SPI, UART, and also Universal Digital Blocks that can be used to enable glue logic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your reply.To be honest, there are several semiconductor manufacturers have released their BLE 5.0 chip, but PSOC 6 is the most exciting to me.If the  PSOC 6 Support for multiple peripherals and more connections,it will be play a greater role in the smart home,or even replace the zigbee.It's more perfect if i can get the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit .hah...

Good to see the prototype kit for it, but we've also found valuable your simpler kits in the "stick of gum" format (44 pin DIP). We can quickly do a proto pcba to mount it on and get very close to what we need.

Maybe if you change the DIP format to more of Raspberry Pi, you'd get more orders than you might want.

Mike

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the feedback, we will take into consideration this feedback.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question, PSOC 6 BLE support Bluetooth 5.0 all the new features or just support 2Mb/s?

0 Likes