psoc 6 BLE notification error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViCh_2676191
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hi all,

I am trying to send some BLE notifications from PSoC6 MCU (peripheral) to android. Using nrfconnect ble scanner app as central. Whenever I send a notification out, I get CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER error code on the device side for Cy_BLE_GATTS_Notification .  BLE stack runs on CM0.

The characteristic size is 512 bytes but I am only sending 50 bytes in this notification. Could this be the problem?

Thanks,

Vimal

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

The error(CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER) will occurs if the parameter 'param' is NULL, 'connHandle' is invalid or if 'param->handleValPair.value.len' value is greater than (Effective GATT MTU-3).
You can refer to the 'CE222046_Throughput_Measurement' code example in the PSoC Creator for your application. This example uses the BLE GATT layer notification to achieve maximum throughput between a GATT server and a GATT client.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

The error(CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER) will occurs if the parameter 'param' is NULL, 'connHandle' is invalid or if 'param->handleValPair.value.len' value is greater than (Effective GATT MTU-3).
You can refer to the 'CE222046_Throughput_Measurement' code example in the PSoC Creator for your application. This example uses the BLE GATT layer notification to achieve maximum throughput between a GATT server and a GATT client.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes