error with debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Soram
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I've cloned project from  github from this link : https://bitbucket.vih.infineon.com/projects/CCSESS/repos/mtb-example-anycloud-mqtt-client-optiga/bro... but when I try to debug or run the file then it says error with command: gdb --version . So how do i fix this? I've also referred to this link: https://community.cypress.com/t5/Wireless/Error-with-command-gdb-version/m-p/267766 but since device are different and I also dont use wiced studio instead I use modus toolbox v2.2. so did not understand properly . 

Please kindly help.

Regards,

Soram

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @Soram ,

I cannot access the link to the project you provided. But the error seems to be because ModusToolbox is not able to detect the GDB executable. 

Please go to Run > Run Configurations and then open the configuration file for Program. Ensure that the following executable name is added. 

${cy_tools_path:CY_TOOL_arm-none-eabi-gdb_EXE}

gdb.png

Let me know your observations after this change.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @Soram ,

I cannot access the link to the project you provided. But the error seems to be because ModusToolbox is not able to detect the GDB executable. 

Please go to Run > Run Configurations and then open the configuration file for Program. Ensure that the following executable name is added. 

${cy_tools_path:CY_TOOL_arm-none-eabi-gdb_EXE}

gdb.png

Let me know your observations after this change.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
Soram
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi Dheeraj ,

Thanks I'm able to detect now GDB executable now after following Run -> Run Configuration -> new launch Configuration.

Regards,

Soram

0 Likes