eFuse customer data programming PC app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I want to program unique data to the eFuse customer data region for every chip like serial number.  Can I do this with a PC app?  I don't see any API in the PSoC Programmer Component Object Model (COM) Interface Guide for writing eFuse customer data.  The only way I can do it now is to change the source code for the efuse-gen example PSoC Creator project and use PSoC Progammer to program the hex file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Yes it is possible. There are no direct PPCOM APIs for doing this. You need to use the low level PPCOM APIs DAP_WriteIO which takes the address and data as the parameters.

The register addresses can be obtained from the Register TRM​.

There is an example app developed to write into the SFlash which you can use as reference. It can be found in the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Misc\PSoC6-BLE2-SFLASH-Update\"

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Yes it is possible. There are no direct PPCOM APIs for doing this. You need to use the low level PPCOM APIs DAP_WriteIO which takes the address and data as the parameters.

The register addresses can be obtained from the Register TRM​.

There is an example app developed to write into the SFlash which you can use as reference. It can be found in the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Misc\PSoC6-BLE2-SFLASH-Update\"

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes