Will PSOC6 Support CAN

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering if PSOC6 will have a CAN controller available?  I'm targeting PSOC6 for a design but I need CAN.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

To clarify, the first two PSoC 6 lineups we have today, the PSoC 62 and PSoC 63 lines, do not have the CAN feature. However, the PSoC 6 MCU is built on a very flexible architecture, meaning we have the capability to add new features, such as CAN or other analog/digital peripherals to a PSoC 6 line.

A few questions:

1) How many CAN channels would you require?

2) what type of application are you working on?

3) could you share with us what type of device/chipset you are using today and what kinds of problems or lacking features your solution has today?

Appreciate the question and let me know if you have any others!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

To clarify, the first two PSoC 6 lineups we have today, the PSoC 62 and PSoC 63 lines, do not have the CAN feature. However, the PSoC 6 MCU is built on a very flexible architecture, meaning we have the capability to add new features, such as CAN or other analog/digital peripherals to a PSoC 6 line.

A few questions:

1) How many CAN channels would you require?

2) what type of application are you working on?

3) could you share with us what type of device/chipset you are using today and what kinds of problems or lacking features your solution has today?

Appreciate the question and let me know if you have any others!

0 Likes

I posted an interest in the original thread, as did one other person about the desire to have a CAN bus interface on the PSoC 6.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I require one CAN channel for my OBD application.  I'm currently using a PSOC5LP.  

0 Likes
JaDa_1584736
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Let me ad to this.   I am working on a project that will need a CAN bus.

0 Likes
JoRi_1316111
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I'm working on a project that would benefit greatly from PSoC 6 resources. We are currently using a PSoC 5LP and would need one CAN bus interface.