Why Modus Toolbox? Will PSoC Creator get obsolete?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnBr_3203316
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like received

Hi,

In our company we use PSoC Creator for a long time with PSoC 5. But now we need to use I2S and need more memory, that's why we decided to start working with PSoC6.

Then we start to design using PSoC Creator , but then we found out that some devices are not supported by PSoC Creator, including the one of the Development KIT we bought.

Then we changed to the Modus Toolbox IDE, which supports all PSoC6 devices, but there we found out it doesn't include the logic UDB's which is a very important differential of Cypress, so this was very disappointing

The question is: Why did the Modus Toolbox appeared? Why couldn't the PSoC Creator support all PSoC6 devices? Will PSoC creator be obsolete in the future or is Cypress going to maintain both tools?

And is it possible to develop my code using PSoC Creator and then do something like the AN219434 (PSoC 6 MCU Importing Generated Code into an IDE) to import the code to the Development KIT (CY8CPROTO-062-4343W)?

1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Modus Toolbox is built for IoT solution, which is an integrated platform supporting for development of both MCU and wireless products.

The subsequent PSoC 6 products will only be supported in Modus. However, PSoC Creator will not be obsolete, and Cypress will maintain both.

You can not develop the code for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and then import it, as the ob-board CY8C62xA is not suppoted in PSoC Creator.

As for more details about the UDB availability, the following thread maybe helpful to you - How do I create a custom UDB solution in the Modus toolbox?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Modus Toolbox is built for IoT solution, which is an integrated platform supporting for development of both MCU and wireless products.

The subsequent PSoC 6 products will only be supported in Modus. However, PSoC Creator will not be obsolete, and Cypress will maintain both.

You can not develop the code for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and then import it, as the ob-board CY8C62xA is not suppoted in PSoC Creator.

As for more details about the UDB availability, the following thread maybe helpful to you - How do I create a custom UDB solution in the Modus toolbox?

0 Likes