Which registers are the protected for Psoc6 CAN BUS ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dave_Long
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi:

I found that the CANFD driver API have the flow tow fuction :

Cy_CANFD_ConfigChangesEnable()

Cy_CANFD_ConfigChangesDisable()

They are used to enable of disable the write access to the protected configuration registers,could you tell me Which registers are the protected configuration registers of the CANFD?

If I want to call the Cy_CANFD_SetInterruptMask API to change the configration of  CANFD intterrupt,should I call the 

Cy_CANFD_ConfigChangesEnable API first?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Dave_Long .

It is not required to call Cy_CANFD_ConfigChangesEnable() for setting up the interrupt using Cy_CANFD_SetInterruptMask(). 

Please refer the CY8C62x5 architecture TRM for details on the CAN FD protection configuration registers

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/psoc-6-mcu-cy8c61x5-cy8c62x5-archi...

Please check section "Access/Set/Reset Properties of Registers Affected by
Configuration Change Enable (CCCR.CCE)" , Pg no  383, in the architecture TRM for details of the register affected by the CCCR.CCE bit.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Dave_Long .

It is not required to call Cy_CANFD_ConfigChangesEnable() for setting up the interrupt using Cy_CANFD_SetInterruptMask(). 

Please refer the CY8C62x5 architecture TRM for details on the CAN FD protection configuration registers

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/psoc-6-mcu-cy8c61x5-cy8c62x5-archi...

Please check section "Access/Set/Reset Properties of Registers Affected by
Configuration Change Enable (CCCR.CCE)" , Pg no  383, in the architecture TRM for details of the register affected by the CCCR.CCE bit.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes