Where can I find information on PSoC-specific programming techniques/rules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Originally when I started working with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE module, I followed the 101 tutorials to get acquainted with the software and using bluetooth.

The idea being, I have a custom circuit whose voltage output gets sampled into the ADC_SAR_SEQ component, sent to my iPhone, and displayed in graph form (it's a heart monitor design, so imagine a pulse beat like that on a graph.)

In PSoC Creator, I have everything working properly...in fact, the entire project (as per the basic description above) is complete.

However, there is still much more to add on, both from the iOS point of view and the PSoC. 

Apple has very good documentation for using the Core Bluetooth framework.

I was wondering if there was anything similar to read for the PSoC environment (not forums, open source projects, or "overall" video tutorials.)  Something robust in documentation form.

When the Source files are generated in PSoC Creator, I'm left scratching my head, wondering how to go about understanding what to use, when to use it, etc.

Unless I haven't scoped the internet well-enough (in which case, my apologies), where do I go to find this information?

Reading the generated source files and function descriptions are helpful, but don't paint the entire picture.

Thanks,

Anthony

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello.

Because of the sheer flexibility of PSoC devices, a single document encompassing all PSoC design techniques would be way too lengthy and difficult to digest for users. Therefore, please take a look at the PSoC 6 MCU resources listed in this knowledge base article and go through them based on the application you're currently developing:

How to Design with PSoC 6 MCU - KBA223067

Since you're working on a BLE project, I'd recommend following these:

1. Get familiar with PSoC 6 MCU architecture and creating simple BLE projects by by reading

AN210781 - Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity

2. Explore more code examples here: PSoC 6 MCU Code Examples . There are many BLE code examples that use standard BLE services such as Immediate Alert Service (IAS), Health Thermometer Service (HTS), Current Time Service (CTS) , and several custom services (CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface , CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity, CE220335 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: Eddystone Beacon etc)

3. If you want to know more about a Component setting, PDL API, data-types marcos, or more information in general, right click on the component in PSoC Creator schematic and select "Open Datasheet", "Open PDL Documentation" or "Find Code Example". If you need more details of a standard BLE SIG service, you can find it here GATT Services |  Bluetooth Technology Website and here Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Profiles and Services

4. Finally, please continue to post in the community if you need further help with your project so that other PSoC developers and Cypress engineers can help..

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello.

Because of the sheer flexibility of PSoC devices, a single document encompassing all PSoC design techniques would be way too lengthy and difficult to digest for users. Therefore, please take a look at the PSoC 6 MCU resources listed in this knowledge base article and go through them based on the application you're currently developing:

How to Design with PSoC 6 MCU - KBA223067

Since you're working on a BLE project, I'd recommend following these:

1. Get familiar with PSoC 6 MCU architecture and creating simple BLE projects by by reading

AN210781 - Getting Started with PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity

2. Explore more code examples here: PSoC 6 MCU Code Examples . There are many BLE code examples that use standard BLE services such as Immediate Alert Service (IAS), Health Thermometer Service (HTS), Current Time Service (CTS) , and several custom services (CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface , CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity, CE220335 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: Eddystone Beacon etc)

3. If you want to know more about a Component setting, PDL API, data-types marcos, or more information in general, right click on the component in PSoC Creator schematic and select "Open Datasheet", "Open PDL Documentation" or "Find Code Example". If you need more details of a standard BLE SIG service, you can find it here GATT Services |  Bluetooth Technology Website and here Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Profiles and Services

4. Finally, please continue to post in the community if you need further help with your project so that other PSoC developers and Cypress engineers can help..

Regards

Nidhin

"There are three documents for each PSoC device: architecture TRM, registers TRM, and programming specifications." - cypress.com

I found the architecture TRM and the registers TRM for the PSoC 4.

I found the programming specifications documents for several PSoC numbers.

However, I did not find the programming specifications document for the PSoC 4.

Where is the programming specification document for PSoC 4?  If it does not exist, what does this mean?

Thank you.

0 Likes

See my reply in your other thread.

http://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

regards,

Bill

0 Likes