What is the process to design with 9 UARTs or more than 9 SCB into a PSoC 6?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Neither PSoC Creator 4.3 nor ModusToolbox 2.2 appears to support PSoCs with more than 9 SCBs.

There is at least one part in production that has 13 SCBs, 9 of which can be configured as UARTs.

CY8C6248AZI-S2D14 appears to be in production. Datasheet @ https://www.cypress.com/part/cy8c6248azi-s2d14

13 run-time configurable serial communication blocks (SCBs)

• Eight SCBs: configurable as SPI, I2C, or UART
  • Four SCBs: configurable as I2C or UART
  • One Deep Sleep SCB: configurable as SPI or I2C

What is the process to design in 9 UARTs or more than 9 SCBs?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Greg,

If you are using ModusToolbox then open the application project then you can go the device configurator where you can enable the required number of SCBs you require. I have attached a screenshot below for your reference.

If you are using PSoC Creator, you can refer the pinouts section in the datasheet which specifies as which SCB Block supports which communication components and use the required number of SCBs.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Greg,

If you are using ModusToolbox then open the application project then you can go the device configurator where you can enable the required number of SCBs you require. I have attached a screenshot below for your reference.

If you are using PSoC Creator, you can refer the pinouts section in the datasheet which specifies as which SCB Block supports which communication components and use the required number of SCBs.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Does PSoC Creator 4.x support CY8C62x8 or CY8C62xA?  These part numbers do not seem to exist in the device selector list and would be required to get 9 UARTs from the available SCBs.

Matt

0 Likes

Hi,

Does PSoC Creator 4.x support CY8C62x8 or CY8C62xA?

>>No, you have to use the Modus Toolbox IDE

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

If you are using the CY8C62x7 series, you can use the UDBs to implement the UART.

Refer to this blog on how to port UART component to PSoC 6:

https://forum.onethinx.com/t/how-to-use-udb-components-on-psoc6/365

0 Likes
AlanH_86
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

13 UARTs... thats cool...  would you tell us what you are working on? 

Are you using an RTOS?

Alan

0 Likes