What is the current peak in mA of the BLE peripheral in PSoC6?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Could you let me know please what is the current peak in mA of the BLE peripheral in PSoC6?

When I can have the PSoC6 dev board and according PSoC Creator software to start my experiments?

Does the BLE Stack run on M0+ or M4?

Kind Regards,

Anastasios

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. Current consumption for the BLE radio during TX is 4.2mA, RX is 4.4mA. This is at 2 Mbps TX/RX at 3.3V
  2. PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit will be available in late August, but we plan to have kit giveaways from now until then, so please come back and check the community often for updates! Software will also be available in late August, but we plan to release an early version for this community in mid-May.
  3. BLE stack can run on both the M4 and the M0+, but our recommendation is to run the stack on the M0+ for low power.

Thanks for the questions!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. Current consumption for the BLE radio during TX is 4.2mA, RX is 4.4mA. This is at 2 Mbps TX/RX at 3.3V
  2. PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit will be available in late August, but we plan to have kit giveaways from now until then, so please come back and check the community often for updates! Software will also be available in late August, but we plan to release an early version for this community in mid-May.
  3. BLE stack can run on both the M4 and the M0+, but our recommendation is to run the stack on the M0+ for low power.

Thanks for the questions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear iym,

Thank you for your reply!

Sound very good specs! Bravo Cypress you done very good work comparing to previous PsoC BLE solution.

Dear iym could you please add me to the list of members who is going to try the early version of PSoC6 hardware and BLE software.

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,

Dr Anastasios

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the basis of the lucky draw?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no specific criteria for the lucky draw, but the more engaged you are in the community, by asking questions and leaving comments, the more you will stand out . The plan for the first lucky draw is in early-mid May, we will select winners for kits, and also be releasing the software tool that enables PSoC 6. Also, this drawing in May will not be the only time we select winners and hand out kits, we will keep doing so until late August time frame. So stay engaged, ask questions and leave comments!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,I get it.

0 Likes